Thursday, June 05, 2008

Kickin' Kiddo!

I've been feeling the babe kick for a couple of weeks now, but this week I figured out a sure-fire way to feel some extra kicks: lemonade cookies! Every time I eat one, I get an almost instant reaction from the little one.

On Tuesday, I had a bit of a sweet tooth (every day, really) and came across a recipe for lemonade cookies and gave it a try. They are different from anything I've ever had, but I think they taste pretty good. They also turned out to be a good way to get the boys to eat their lunches, although Levi was disappointed that his cookie didn't contain any chocolate chips.

Here's the recipe if you're interested in giving them a try:

Lemonade Cookies (from the SCHS Cookbook)

1 cup butter or margarine
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
3 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
6 oz frozen lemonade, thawed
Sugar

Cream butter and sugar together until fluffy. Add eggs, flour and baking soda with 1/2 of the lemonade. Mix well. Drop 2" apart on ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 400 degrees for 8 minutes. Brush hot cookies with remaining lemonade and sprinkle with sugar. (Using the Pampered Chef medium scoop, I ended up with approximately 3 dozen cookies.)

1 comment:

Janna said...

I thought they were delicious! Thanks for typing out the recipe!