Thursday, June 28, 2007

Celebrate!

This past weekend, we attended two celebrations - a wedding and a birthday party...

First the wedding:
On Saturday, our sister-in-law Sonny's sister Shelly married Kent. As family friends, we had the privilege of attending the wedding. Our nieces were flower girls for Shelly and they looked beautiful in their fancy dresses. The whole wedding was wonderful - ceremony, bridal party, decorations, reception - we knew a lot of planning went into the day and it showed. Perhaps the funniest part of the day was when the minister pronounced Kent and Shelly husband and wife he said "what God has joined together, let no man CELEBRATE!" Oops, he meant to say "separate" - good thing he corrected himself since we sure did celebrate!! Here are some of my photos of the celebration:


Then the birthday party:
On Thursday (June 21), my Grandma turned 85 - so on Sunday, we had a somewhat-surprise birthday party for my Grandma. She knew that some of her immediate family was coming for church and a lunch afterward, but in reality, there were approximately 80 people that were going to be there for the lunch. We had a very yummy catered meal in the church basement and some of my Grandma's siblings were there along with other extended family and friends from church.

But perhaps the biggest surprise was that when we were standing outside after church, a white limo pulled up! My Uncle Don had arranged for a limo to drive my Grandma around to go pick up her siblings. I don't know if my Grandma had ever ridden in a limo before, but I think she enjoyed herself a little bit - she didn't show it too much though, since it was Sunday after all and she didn't think she deserved such a fuss.

Happy Birthday, Grandma - We love you!!

No comments: