Saturday, June 09, 2007

Race Day!

As I mentioned in my previous post, Matt has been training to run in a 5K race and today was the day! The weather was absolutely gorgeous for a race. Levi and I had great seats near the start/finish line as we watched and cheered for Matt while he ran an awesome race - his first ever!! His official time was 27 minutes, 52 seconds - quite a bit better than his goal of a half hour. Way to go, Matt - I am so proud of you!

Here are some pictures from the race...

5 comments:

MiniMe Mom said...

Was that the Diemer race?

That is a great time!

Olivia said...

Yes! We had never gone to the race or parade since we were little kids. It was a lot of fun! Matt's trying to get me to take up running and do a race with him...we'll have to see, but don't hold your breath :)

Sonny Huisman said...

I'm so proud of our boys!

I'm sorry I never found you and Lori!

If you run next year, I'll run too! I'm sure we can get Lori to join us! We can leave our kiddos with Grandma and Grandpa!

MiniMe Mom said...

We actually saw Brian Diemer later that night...he said he has to be in all the races plus warm up. Ummm.... I am not sure I could even do the kiddy race.

Sonny Huisman said...

O -

Can you email me the pictures you took . . . they're much better than I was able to get . . . plus you have pictures of the three boys together! I never even saw Matt or Marc!