Monday, June 07, 2010

Manic Monday

One of these things happens on an almost daily basis around here. Can you guess which one?

A. I can be heard yelling like a maniac for/at one or both of my boys.
B. Air Force One flies over our house.

If you guessed B. you would be wrong - we don't live in Washington D.C.

This afternoon, however, both A & B happened at the same time!

We knew that President Obama was flying into town for a graduation ceremony tonight, so I told the boys that we would get to see a really big plane fly over our house. It was the highlight of our day -- well, Levi's day -- I'm getting my highlights at 6:15 :) The boys got up from their naps in plenty of time, so we headed outside and worked on the weeding. A few minutes before 4 PM, I told the boys they should start looking in the sky for a big plane.

Just as I notice Air Force One coming past our house, I call out Levi's name. No answer. So I snapped a picture real quick like and start yelling Levi's name. No answer. At this point, I began screaming for Levi & Reuben - running through the garage and the house to the backyard - no kids anywhere! In my head I was waffling between anger (I was missing Air Force One!) and fear (where are my kids?). As I ran back through the garage to the driveway, I notice the boys sitting in the two front seats of the van. Unbeknownst to me, the boys had let themselves into the minivan in the garage just after I told them to look for the big plane! Part of me just wanted to go back to the driveway and snap a few more decent pictures, but the rest of me knew that Levi would be totally bummed if he didn't get to see the plane at all. In retrospect, I kind of wish that I had left them in the van (I know that makes me a terrible mom!).

Anyway, here's the only decent picture I got:



The picture doesn't do justice to how big the plane really is! Matt works just outside of the airport and he took our video camera with him today - I'm looking forward to seeing the video footage he got!

No comments: