Saturday, July 31, 2010

Race Day!

Today, I did something I never thought I would do.

I ran in a 5K race!


I've never been a runner or a fan of running, but whenever I'd watch Matt run in races, part of me wondered what it would be like to give it a try. So, this summer I got my first pair of running shoes and took to the streets. I still call myself a run/walker, but the ratio is starting to tip to the running side of the equation.

In the race today, I ran the entire first mile (of the 3.1 miles total) in just under 11 minutes. After that, I did walk some of the race, but I definitely ran more than I walked. My finishing time was 36 minutes, 47 seconds. I was quite pleased with my time - considering it was my first race experience and it was better than any of my training run times!

Getting ready to race - with my friend, Sara

On the home stretch...

My cheering section and faithful fans!

Heading to the finish line!

Still standing and still smiling!

No comments: