Friday, August 13, 2010

First Date

It was the summer of 2000.

I had just returned from nine months in Ecuador, began a new job, started CPA review classes, and was reconnecting with friends.

Then HE walked in.

I had never seen him before and I secretly hoped he would head to the only remaining seat at my table.

He sat down.

We talked that night, as well as most of the Wednesday nights that followed.

Then one Wednesday night, in early August, I decided I was too tired from work and class so I headed straight home.

On Thursday, he called to ask me out for Friday night.

I said no.

I told him the truth - I wanted to go out with him, but I was moving that weekend and I had a wedding to go to on Saturday, so Friday was my only night to pack and move. I think he offered to help, but I turned down that offer too.

On Friday, he called to ask me out for Sunday afternoon.

I said yes.

Ten years ago today, on August 13, 2000, I went on my last 1st date!

No comments: