Wednesday, March 03, 2010

Names

Every time the phone rings at our house, we hope that it's news of a new nephew. Matt's brother and sister-in-law were due this past Friday, so it could be any time now!

At lunch on Monday, I asked Levi what he thought they should name the baby. Here's how the conversation went:

L: I think it should be Cherry.
O: For a boy? Uncle Marc and Aunt Lori are having a boy baby.
L: Henry?
O: That is a nice name, but I don't think that will be it.
L: Levi?
O: We already have a Levi in our family.

L: But Uncle Marc & Aunt Lori don't, they just have a Lydia!
(Levi thinks for a bit)
L: I'm trying to think of an "M" name...oh, I've got it - Emma!
O: Probably not for a boy.
L: How 'bout Lightning - is that a boys name?
O: Yes, that could be a boy's name.
L: I think that would be a GREAT option!

I shared this with Marc and Lori and they are taking the suggestions into consideration. Lori didn't really think "Lightning" applied since he's apparently not in a hurry to make his entrance!

Whatever his name turns out to be, I'm sure we'll love it and we can't wait to meet him!

"Names, names - don't leave home without one!"
~Tony the Frog (The Pond)

No comments: